Hello readers, forgive me for not being able to release blogs in the last two weeks. Finally, I managed to write one for all my lovely readers. Moving to the topic, I will discuss about Google Drive today.
Let me explain what Google Drive is. It’s a file storage and sync service being offered by Google. It was released on April 24, 2012 as an extension to Google Docs. The launch of this service means a lot more convenience for users as they are now be able to store different types of files on the cloud. Imagine you can now store more files online and can access them anytime and virtually from almost anywhere in the world with the help of an internet connection.
To start with Google gives out 5 gigabytes cloud storage free of cost. If you want more of storage, you can opt for paid membership that will fetch you an extra storage of 25 GB. Don’t worry, it is not going to cost you and an arm and leg, it’s just 2.49 USD/month. You can even upgrade to a plan of 16 TB at a cost of $799.99. The complete pricing plans are:
- 200 GB – $9.99 / Month
- 400 GB – $19.99 / Month
- 1 TB – $49.99 / Month
- 2 TB – $99.99 / Month
- 4 TB – $199.99 / Month
- 8 TB – $399.99 / Month
- 16 TB – $799.99 / Month
So what is the catch? What do you get extra? Well, the cloud storage Google comprises of several features that sets it apart from other players in fray. Some of them are:
- It’s a highly secure cloud storage system by Google Drive offering 5 GB storage for free membership.
- It lets you do much more than just to store your files. You can share files with exactly the one you want to, and you edit your files together if you want to, and too from any device.
- It is presently available for PC and Mac, Chrome OS, iPhone and iPad, Android devices. You can synch your documents very easily from your desktop.
- It enables faxing any document to anywhere and receiving of faxes from others as well using Hellofax which is normally found to be stored in Hellofax folder within the drive.
- With Google Drive one can easily work with one another on presentation, documents and spreadsheets.
- Another important feature is addition and replying of comments can be done on video files, PDF and image in case the content is shared with others for which you will be given notifications when any comment is made by other on items you shared with him or her.
- Apart from these, there is also an option of smart tagging which will let you tag the items that have been stored in your drive. It means once you upload any picture to your drive, and on searching for that picture or place you will be getting that photo accompanied by search results in seconds.
So these are the major features that the Google Drive is equipped with. If you are looking to go for cloud storage system, Google Drive is definitely the right answer. If you have any questions or want me to setup complete business suite of Google Cloud Services for your business, I will be happy to help.